Here at Greencastle-Antrim School District our "Children First" policy extends beyond the classroom, and into the home. Many resources are available to students at home, right here from this page.
A reading software program applicable to all K-12 students. There are many advantages gained by incorperating this software, including:
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Wikispaces provide for excellent opportunities for all to share ideas, information, and media freely via the world wide web.
Renaissance Learning's technology makes the practice components of reading, math, and writing curriculum more personalized and effective.
EBSCO provides students with an integrated service that combines reference databases, subscription management, online journals, books, linking services, and A-to-Z solutions.
Odyssey delivers standards aligned K-12 curricula that provide interactive, self-paced, challenging, engaging activities. Activities that promote exploration, individual and cooperative learning, problem solving, reflection, and real-world connections. Odyssey applies current and confirmed research about how students think and learn.
Power Library is offered as a service of Pennsylvania's public libraries, school libraries, and the State Library. The Power library allows you to access thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps, reference materials for young people and more. You will find materials of interest in most subject areas for all age groups from young children to adults.
Study Island provides easy to use, web based standards mastery products built from state standards, including:
- Web-based instruction, practice, assessment and reporting built for Pennsylvania's state standards.
- Rigorous academic content that is both fun and engaging.
- Research-based with proven results for all students.
- Easy to use (in the lab, classroom, library or home).